Wednesday 18 July 2012

An easel card for summer

The challenge at Trimgym and CRAFT Challenge was a summer theme:
Trimgym:
http://trimgymsdigistampsandimages.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/another-freebie-and-for-our-summer.html
CRAFT Challenge:
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/craft-challenge-163-summer.html

Jo at Trimgym had provided an easel pack to use.  I haven't had much success in creating easel cards and nearly wimped out on this one.  I'm pleased I didn't because this one actually worked!

I have taken the lower piece from a different angle so you can see the sentiment:

The piece that the sentiment is mounted on was meant to be on the flower at the top.  I hope Jo doesn't mind that I changed things around a bit!

I have used the easel card pack provided with the challenge by Trimgym's digi stamps.  I have also used one of the digi images and sentiments from Trimgym.

The image has been coloured using copics and I have also edged all the layers of the easel pack with Copic 100 (black).

I am pleased that this card actually stood up as I attended some classes last weekend at a papercraft expo and my easel cards were reluctant to stand up!  It was an extremely tiring three days but I came away with some new skills which I can hopefully put to good use.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Suze,

    This one looks great again. Love how you used the heart of the flower for the sentiment and to keep the easel card in place. Hope you have enjoyed it. I guess I ought to put a different easel card sheet up as freebie at some time, lol.

    Looks like you were the only entry once again. Must think of something to get more people involved. I will soon run out of new things for you to choose from, lol. Have you chosen your last prize yet?

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete