Tuesday 14 August 2012

Fabric and Fibres

The challenge at A Day for Daisies is all about fabric or fibres:
http://www.adayfordaisies.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/new-release-080312-together-challenge.html

This is the second A Day for Daisies challenge that I have managed to complete but the first one that I have used the image supplied for the challenge.


I started off just using fabric on the card.  This is an offcut from a shirt that I made for my daughter when she was much younger.  She is Daddy's little princess - actually not that little any more - so the image and the fabric worked well together.

As I started putting the card together I found some fibre that worked really well with the colour scheme and die-cut that I had already chosen.  I decided to wrap that around the die-cut to frame the image. 

I made a flower using a Mariannes Creatables Die.  This is only the second one I have made but I'm getting better at them.  The tutorial that she has on her site is so helpful for these.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! :-) Thanks so much for joining us for the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete