Thursday 13 September 2012

Back to School with Meljens Designs

Another Back to School challenge.  This one is at Meljens Designs:
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-126-back-to-school.html

I have made a card that doesn't use an image that looks like a school image - no apples, backpacks, etc.



However, the star on the turtle's back made me think "You're a star" which was my starting point for this card.  In searching for a particular image for another card I was working on, I found these puzzle pieces that I had from Digi Ditto.  They were just perfect for adding some ABC stickers!

The image comes from Meljens Designs and is called Turtle's Little Star.  I have coloured this using three shades of blue copic markers and then circle die cut using Spellbinders.  The matting is blue cardstock.

The background paper is from Trimgym Digital Stamps and the sentiment from Sugar Paw Scraps.  I have added some little blue rhinestones to the right hand corners.

2 comments:

  1. What a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your card. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design for Back To School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh what a cute card :) thanks for joining the Meljen's Designs challenge :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete