Tuesday 22 January 2013

Sketch with a snowman

Another Christmas card into the box - at this rate I'll have enough by half way through the year!

This card is for the challenges at:
The Sweet Stop - Sketch + snowman
http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/sss194-sketch-with-spin-and-prize.html
Kaboodle Doodles - with  a ribbon
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-155-ribbon.html
Shelly's Images - one sentiment, two Designer Papers, three bling
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/ttt-easy-as-1-2-3.html
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/
CRAFT Challenge
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/challenge-190-17th-of-january-christmas.html

The sketch for this card comes from The Sweet Stop.  The only alteration I have made to the sketch is add three rhinestones to the top of the card!

I have used two designer papers for this card.  The vellum snowflake one comes from Free Digital Scrapbook.  Unfortunately in my photograph it is a bit hard picking up the snowflakes clearly - they kind of look like grey smudges - they look better on the actual card!  The second paper is from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles. 

The image that I have used for the card comes from Spyder's Corner and is called Ornamental Snowman.  I love this image as it is just that bit different from the other snowman images that I've seen.

The sentiment is an acrylic stamp from a set.  I have all the stamp set together on the acetate sheets it came with - only trouble is I've misplaced the original packet so don't know the source!

The bow is made from grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts.


10 comments:

  1. What a sweet snowman card. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that paper looks sorta familiar...hmmmm....

    Glad to see you are getting so much use out of it. I hope you like the next ones I've got planned for design.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's lovely!! feeling a lot better thank you!! will add him to my 'Spyder has spyed' when I can get to do one!!
    ((Lyn))

    Ps remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're certainly getting on with your Christmas cards - another lovely one for my CHNC challenge extra for January x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    Thanks for joining us again at Kaboodle Doodles this week!
    yasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The panel of snowflakes is a wonderful touch on this card. Superdoop creation. Thanks so much for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Love the depth of the snowflakes on your background panel! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is cute Suze! Love the layout you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are on a roll Suze and I am so jealous! I really NEED to make my Christmas cards early! This is so pretty. I love how you matted the snowman on the diamond shaped paper. Thanks so much for entering our Easy as 123 Challenge.
    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete